.strandberg* Boden NX 'Plini Edition"
The Prog NX 6 Plini Edition gets a thorough makeover from the popular original version that looks very similar on the surface but has many under-the-hood changes and enhancements that take the performance, sound, and playability to a whole new level. Now featuring Mahogany body and neck with Richlite fretboard, all of the new NX features, and the .strandberg* Plini Edition humbuckers produced by Michael Frank in California, the new NX 6 Plini Edition is a culmination of the continued close collaboration between Plini and .strandberg* Guitars.
WHAT MAKES IT SPECIAL?
An instrument that is exactly as Plini plays it for both live and recording applications, the Prog NX 6 Plini Edition incorporates all of the new NX features such as the Rev7 hardware, the sculpted neck-joint heel, and repositioned arm bevel as well as Mahogany body and neck with Richlite fretboard and the .strandberg* Plini Edition pickups to achieve Plini’s vision of what his ultimate instrument should be. The iconic visuals remain intact from the front but the Mahogany woods on the back impart a luxurious richness as well as a girthier and warmer tone, making it one of the most striking .strandberg* guitars available.
WHAT DOES IT DO?
The Prog NX 6 Plini Edition was designed to be simple yet versatile while delivering the best possible performance and maximum playability so Plini can focus on playing and making music. Like all .strandberg* instruments, the Plini Edition was designed and built to be an extension of the artist – visually, sonically, technically, and artistically. Two custom-designed and wound .strandberg* Plini Edition humbuckers provide a wide range of sounds with only a volume pot and a 3-way switch. Extremely dynamic with loads of harmonic overtones, these pickups respond sensitively to volume pot adjustments and your picking attack. The middle setting of the two overwound outside coils of the humbuckers provides a sparkling single-coil sound while maintaining the output level of the humbuckers alone. These under-the-hood features provide much more versatility and flexibility than that meets the eyes.
WHO IS IT FOR?
The Prog NX 6 Plini Edition is for the advanced and uncompromising musician who requires the ultimate in performance, playability, and sonic versatility. The forward-looking instrument reflects the vision of an artist who seeks to balance the past with the future to explore new musical territories, going well beyond what has been achieved in the past. Looking to break out of the classic/vintage rut? The Prog NX 6 Plini Edition defines where the electric guitar is going in the New Millennium.
- Width: 315 mm/12,4”
- Length: 800 mm/31,5”
- Thickness: 42 mm/1.65″
- Long Scale: 25.5”
- Short Scale: 25”
- String spread at nut: 35 mm/1,38”
- String spacing at bridge: 10.5 mm/.41″
- Neutral fret: 0
- Bolt-On Construction with new sculpted neck joint heel
- Chambered Mahogany Body with Arm and Torso Carves
- Solid plain Maple top with Australian Blackwood veneer
- Available Finish: Natural in Satin Polyurethane
- Approximate Weight 2,3 kg / 5 lbs +/- 10%
- Manufactured in Indonesia
- .strandberg* EGS Rev 7 tremolo system & string locks
- Black Anodized Hardware
- Original Luminlay™ Green Side Dots
- Original Luminlay™ Green Inlays
- Mahogany Neck, Carbon Fiber reinforced
- EndurNeck™ Profile
- Richlite Fretboard with Plini’s moon inlay at the 12th fret
- 20″ Fretboard Radius
- 24 Frets
- Jescar 51100 Stainless Steel Fretwire (57110 for zero fret)
- D’Addario NYXL 10-46 strings
- Standard tuning EADGBE
- Venture Gig Bag included
- Allen Key Kit and NX Multi-Tool included
- Strap optional
- Deluxe Toolkit optional
- H – H Pickup Configuration
- Neck: .strandberg* Plini Edition Neck
- Bridge: .strandberg* Plini Edition Bridge
- 3-Way Pickup Selector
- Neck Series Humbucking
- Neck Screw Coil + Bridge Slug
- Bridge Series Humbucking
- Master Volume
Weight or dimensional weight (for freight calculation)25 lbs
VersionTremolo 6 String