The Friedman ASC-12 powered cabinet was designed and voiced for use with today's guitar amp modelers and profilers. The ASC-12 delivers rich authentic tones, allowing you get the most out of these systems in live use and playback applications
The ASC-12 features a Celestion 12" loudspeaker with a 2.5" edge wound voce coil and a premium Celestion high frequency compression driver. At the heart of the ASC-12 is a robust 500w Bi-Amp, Class-G amplifier that is anything but digital. This proprietary amplifier design delivers rich, full tone and a wide frequency response making it ideal for backline and stage monitoring.
Key features include: Bi-Amp power module with high efficiency Class G low frequency amplification with a high current output stage and custom signal processing; clip/limit, thermal, and short circuit protection; line level output for linking multiple speakers; optimized acoustic designs using a PETP film compression driver diaphragm; heat vented low frequency loudspeaker; and a hand crafted in the USA, sturdy Baltic birch construction. Controls include level knob, low-cut filter switch, ground lift and power switches. The ASC-12 was designed to operate on the floor as a stage monitor or to be pole mounted on a 1 1/2" diameter speaker stand.
The Friedman ASC-12 powered loudspeaker was designed using advanced acoustic and audio techniques with premium components, comprehensive protection circuitry, and robust construction to withstand the abuse of the road and provide years of consistent, reliable performance.
- Configuration: 12” 2-Way Active Stage Monitor for use with modelers/profilers
- Assembly: Made in USA using premium worldwide components
- Low Frequency Transducer: Celestion - 12” speaker with 2.5” edge wound voice coil
- High Frequency Transducer: Celestion PETP film compression driver with 1.75” voice coil
- Frequency Range: 50Hz - 20kHz
- Frequency Response: 58Hz -18kHz
- High Frequency Dispersion: 75° conical
- Maximum peak SPL: 129dB
- Power Output: LF: 270Wrms Class G / HF: 80Wrms Class AB+B
- Maximum total burst power*: 500W
- Input Impedance: 20k Ohm Balanced / 10k Ohm Unbalanced
- Electronic Crossover: 4th order
- Low Cut Filer (switchable): 3rd order Butterworth @ 100Hz
- Controls: Level knob , Low-cut filter switch, Ground lift switch
- Power switch, AC fuse, 115/230V switch Indicators Power Power, Protect, Limit, Signal
- Cooling: Convection
- Amplifier Protection: Short circuit, Clip-limiter, Overheat mute
- SOA output stage, Driver DC protection
- Subsonic filter, Turn-on mute and soft ramp
- Turn-on inrush current limiting
- Power Consumption @: 1.7A/0.85A 115Vac/230Vac
- (1/8 power pink noise): 150VA
- Connectors: Balanced female XLR input / Balanced male XLR link output
- Input Sensitivity **: 775mV (0dBu)
- Enclosure: Black Warnex® painted, Baltic birch plywood construction
- Hardware: Strap handle, Rubber feet / Rubber Strips
- Pole mounting cup, Detachable black grille
- Dimensions: 21” H x 26.25” W x 11.25” D
- Weight: 59 lbs.