The Torpedo Studio is the next generation of digital loadbox: new features, new design, lighter weight. It updates and revamps the acclaimed VB-101, the first ever digital loadbox to have hit the market. Its new features notably include a new loadbox with increased admissible power, a switchable impedance (4, 8, or 16 Ohms), and the possibility to choose between resistive and reactive loadbox. Its new, enhanced design makes it a more advanced, much lighter successor to VB-101.
You love the sound of your amplifier pushed right to the magic sweet spot where the best tones are. Until now, the only available option was blasting your sound through a 4×12″ to properly excite a microphone. Enter Torpedo, the simplest and most realistic way to get your sound to your audience. Use the amp you love!
Everything that makes a real amp rule over all the other alternatives is retained. You can even record silently late at night ! Gone is the backache from the loadout, complaints from neighbours, venue staff or even bandmates and the frustration of not being able to sound at one’s best trying to reduce the volume.
Exclusive Torpedo technology
Highly realistic speaker simulation is achieved by use of convolution. Two notes started from that technology and brought it much further, to accurately reproduce the characteristics of the whole miking chain (speaker, microphone, preamplifier, studio room acoustics).
Many parameters influence the sound of your guitar or bass rig when it comes to recording. Taking good care of the cabinet selection and miking will dramatically improve the sound of your takes. The Torpedo simulation reproduces the tiniest variations of a cabinet behaviour such as frequency response and distortion. Move the microphone in the virtual studio room thanks to the Torpedo IR synthesis, control the phase with the Variphi: all the settings you need to achieve great recordings are here.
Loadbox with adjustable impedance
Use your amplifier without speaker cabinet thanks to the loadbox of the Torpedo Studio. Its adjustable impedance of 4, 8 or 16 Ohms and its high admissible power (150W) makes it suitable for any amp. The reactive impedance faithfully imitates a speaker, allowing the amp to work exactly as if it was connected to a speaker cabinet.
Dual mono/stereo miking
combined simulation of 2 cabinets + 2 microphones for optimal mixing. Position two different microphones before your speaker, or before two different speakers. Mix the two simulations to send them to the stereo outputs
wWhen recording guitars and basses it is common to apply a few effects to shape the sound before it is sent to the PA or recorder. The Studio comes with a powerful semi-parametric EQ, and exciter, a compressor and a wonderful reverb.
- Amplifier input: Jack 6.35 mm (1/4) unbalanced (TS, Tip/Sleeve), to connect the speaker output of your tube or solid state amplifier
- Speaker Thru: Jack 6.35mm (1/4”) unbalanced (TS), to connect an optional cabinet instead of using the internal loadbox)
- Line inputs: 2 x Combo XLR – Jack 6.35 mm (1/4”) balanced (TRS)/unbalanced (TS)
- Line outputs: 2 x XLR balanced
- Headphones output: Jack 6.35 mm (1/4”) balanced (TRS) stereo
- Digital inputs: AES & S/PDIF 2 channels input
- Digital outputs: AES & S/PDIF 2 channels output
- Wordclock sync BNC
- MIDI In, Out/Thru
- USB port
- Loadbox: Reactive or Resistive load (relay),
- Nominal impedance: 4 or 8 or 16 Ohms (switch)
- Maximum permissible power: 150 W (200 Watt peak)
- Cooled by temperature-controlled fan
- Inputs / Outputs:
- Speaker Input : Jack 6.35 mm (1/4″) unbalanced (TS, Tip/Sleeve)
- Speaker Thru : Jack 6.35mm (1/4″) unbalanced (TS)
- Line Inputs : 2 X Combo XLR – Jack 6.35 mm (1/4″) balanced (TRS)/unbalanced (TS) Maximum level: 8,7 dBu – Impedance : 20 kOhms
- Line Outputs : 2 x XLR balanced – Maximum level: 11 dBu – Impedance : 600 Ohms
- Phones : Jack 6.35mm stereo (TRS)
- AES/EBU digital Input/Output
- S/PDIF digital Input/Output
- MIDI Input/Output
- USB Connection